Please click link to follow along with our presentation. I will take the link off of my website after our event today.
Email Kristin or myself if you can’t get to the docs.com page and we will send you the link.
Visit www.k12blueprint.com for more information about the latest research and technology integration ideas.
I’m honored to share my experience with Technology Integration in Education with the wonderful Grant Writers at the American Grant Writers Association Conference in Arlington, Va.
Here is the link to the Padlet that I created for your Ticket Out the Door.
Please share your feedback so I can continue to grow as an educator.
Also, please follow me on Twitter @fmauney as I share the latest research that pertains to education, technology integration, and innovative ideas for grants.
Here is the research that I gathered while interacting with the students at Lakeview Middle School during Career Day. After telling about my career path, I asked the students for their help. I wanted to know which technologies would enable them to learn and be successful in school. They had many great suggestions that I have shared with many experts in the field of technology.
1. Stronger Wi-fi 6th graders said they couldn’t connect effectively and were frustrated.
2. Gamification to work on thinking skills, communication, strategies, collaboration.
3. 2 in 1 tablets with touch screen and stylists
4. Good headphones with microphones that work well (don’t break off in device) for digital storytelling and to watch educational videos
5. Comfortable furniture (chairs with wheels and tables with wheels)
6. Videoconference equipment for each class
7. Karaoke (I had that in my classroom!)
8. They like smaller keyboards……………Interesting, they would rather type with their thumbs like on their phones.
9. Gesturing screen, holographic (they knew about the Intel commercialsJ)
10. Speech to text pens or devices for note taking.
What a fabulous event Red, White, You was! So grateful for the opportunity to network with resellers and Vendors from all over the country. The Education Panelists were the highlight of the conference according to the responses we received from many of our education customers.
Check out the CRN Magazine article about the Education Panelists and their thoughts about IT purchases for schools.